Does anyone even read blogs anymore? I haven’t followed anyone for years. This blog is rather like my MySpace account. Does MySpace even exist anymore? I tried to stop using FB because it’s for old people, but I really didn’t get into twitter or instagram. I’m pretty sure I’m old. Anyway I read a fluffy little novel about a girl fighting for an IT job with a blog: whoever had the most followers won the job. Crazy how fast our world changes. Eh, well, now my blog can be my personal diary. Not that I ever had over 30 followers anyway.
I have been having a bit of a hard time remembering where I have certain recipes. It seems like I get into ruts in my cooking. I’ll cook one recipe several times in a matter of months and then I never make it again. Or I want to make it again the next year and have no idea where the recipe can be found. How do I tackle this problem? My mother had a recipe card with a list of where to find her favorite recipes. I started this blog so I could gather all my recipes in one place. I’ve gotten a bit lost and the last few years have barely written anything. Back to it then!
Easy Cream Cheese Danish
2 cans refrigerated crescent dough sheets
1 (8oz) tub of Tofutti cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons Tofutti sour cream
1 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon almond milk
1 tablespoon dairy free butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
- Roll out one dough sheet and lightly press into pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla, and sour cream. Spread filling evenly over dough.
- Roll out second dough sheet and lay on top of filling.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes, until golden brown.
- Stir milk into powdered sugar and margarine to make a glaze. Drizzle over slightly cooled pastry.
*optional: top with strawberry jam
Did you know that Pillsbury Crescent Rolls are dairy free? Chock-full of chemicals I can’t even pronounce, but dairy free! YES!